Blessing ~ communicating value!
Speaking value and appreciation for your child is extremely life-giving for your child, regardless of their age! By starting this during their earliest years, you are making a strong foundation of love and acceptance of them and establishing a spiritual environment that will hopefully continue throughout their growth and maturity! Praying for them a prayer of blessing is empowering and effective in establishing confidence and strong relationships, and it has been something important to God for His people throughout the ages. This is evident in the book of Numbers in the O.T., as God instructs the leaders to bless and anoint the people of God with the Aaronic Blessing by saying, "Thus you shall bless the people of Israel: you shall say to them, 'The Lord bless you and keep you; the LORD make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; the LORD lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace." [Numbers 6:22-27 ESV]
- Watch the Video above to get an overview of this important part of expressing a blessing to your child and communicating value to them for how God has uniquely created them.
- Download and print the 'Blessing' and 'Value' cards HERE. Place them in frames. A fun craft idea to do with them is to decorate the frames together! Placing their framed cards in their room makes it easy to utilize them together during bedtimes or other special times throughout the day!
- Place your hand upon them while you recite the Numbers 6 Aaronic Blessing over them during your tuck-in routine and other times as well. Placing the frame next to their bed will make it easy for you as their parent to proclaim the blessing over them, as well as enable them to memorize as well.
- Use a dry erase marker to write different things you see in your child on the other Value Frame that makes it easy to celebrate and thank Jesus for what you see in them. Praying together while you acknowledge their efforts and gifts before the God who made them makes a lifelong impact!
- Help them see the importance of praying the blessing over other members of the family and communicating appreciation for them as well. Reciting the Blessing together while practicing in the car during your commute or over dinner is a great way to increase the impact as well.